(Psalm 5: 1 – 12)
1. Favor brings an end to weeping: The Bible says in Psalm 30: 5 that “For his anger endureth but a moment; in His favor is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning”. No matter what we’ve been through or are still going through, the favor of God can bring an end to it and turn our weeping to joy.
2. Favor brings the blessing of God from everywhere: When we live in divine favor, God ensures that His blessings come to us even from unexpected sources.
3. Favor brings the mercy of God: We have all sinned and deserve punishment for our sins. The favor of God brings us the mercy of God and His mercy in turn prevents us from getting the consequences of sin that we rightly deserve.
4. Favor turns away the wrath of God: The Bible says in Isa. 12: 1 “And in that day thou shalt say, O Lord, I will praise thee: though thou wast angry with me, thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedst me”. In the place of wrath we get the comfort of God all because of His divine favor.
5. Favor delivers us from prevailing judgment: In the place of judgment, we receive the favor of God just because of who He is. The judgment of God means that we inherit eternal damnation because of our transgressions but the favor of God delivers us from judgment and gives eternal life.
6. The favor of God makes us to flourish: The Bible says in Ps. 92: 12 that “The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree: he shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon”. The favor of God made Abraham, Isaac and Jacob to flourish. The favor of God made Esther to flourish and His favor will make us to flourish as well.
7. Favor brings early satisfaction: The Bible says in Ps. 90: 14 “O satisfy us early with thy mercy; that we may rejoice and be glad all our days”. The favor of God upon our lives brings early satisfaction which in turn brings joy and gladness.
8. Favor brings quick answer to prayers: The Bible says in Isaiah 65: 24 “And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear”. When we are walking in divine favor, God will answer our prayers speedily and grant our requests in a timely manner.
9. Favor brings responsibility from God: A favored man is used specifically for special assignments. Joseph was used by God in the house of Potiphar and in the palace of Pharaoh. Esther and Daniel were also used by God in Babylon.
10. Favor attracts the anointing of God: When we walk in divine favor, the anointing of God comes upon us to do extraordinary things in the kingdom of God. The anointing of God opens extraordinary doors and is available for you if you ask. 1